March 31, 2011
Finished! Alphabet Memory Game
I'd been toying around with making a memory game for Leah using the alphabet. She's been struggling with retention on the names of the letters. She can draw them, she can name when she sings the song, but holding a letter up in front of her and asking her what it is...that is a struggle. I think this as been in the back of my head for a while now, I just couldn't figure out how to execute it and make it durable.
Wandering the toy isles of Target with Charlie this past week, I had a flash of insight while staring at the card games. A deck of face cards has 52 cards in it, the alphabet has 26, double for a memory game and you get 52! I did the math....twice.... Anyway, I realized I could glue pretty paper onto the front of the card and use the already printed design on the back of the face card to make the set AND it would be strong enough to survive my kids playing with it, at least that's the theory. So away I went cranking out the cards. I think this is one of my fastest finishes yet!
I've been looking at way to many blog tutorials lately and decided, "what the heck?" I'm going to make this into a tutorial. So that is to come, I have the pictures, they are downloaded from my camera and organized in a file. I will get them on here soon. Not that I expect anyone to find this silly blog and make it. It just seemed like a fun thing to do at the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment