Last year I was very vocal about not putting Leah into preschool. I didn't think she was ready and I didn't feel like paying for 3 years of preschool. Well mostly it was about the money. Preschool here is astronomical! So last week I broke down, almost literally. Leah stopped taking her afternoon nap about 3 weeks ago and I've been miserable and she's been miserable ever since. I need that afternoon time, kid free to recharge for the evenings. She needs that time Mom free to recharge. If we don't get it, we clash and fight. So I was planning on putting Leah in school in the fall, but no naps made me change the decision really quick. I talked with Derek and we decided to see if I could get her in NOW. I got lucky. The waiting list is usually huge, talk about right place, right time and I think a little of the Lord on my side for that one. He knows I was at my wits end. So today Leah went to her first day of preschool. She didn't seem to care to much. She attends hourly care all the time and preschool is in the same building. She I'm sure she thought she'd be doing what she always does there. I talked to her teacher afterwards and she said Leah did well for her first day. They have a field trip on Wednesday and that should be fun for her. She attends MWF 12:30-3:30. Charlie actually gets his nap (Leah's been waking him up) and I get some guaranteed peace and quiet.
Pictures of her first day to be posted sometime...
Preschool has been a huge blessing for us too! Glad Leah had such an easy time transitioning!
ReplyDeleteHope she has a blast, & you get some much needed free time. Enjoy Michele you deserve it.
ReplyDelete