April 25, 2009

Past Due Pictures

I have nothing else to do tonight so I thought why not post some photos. These will be just a random jumble from the past 3 months. I'll try to caption them so you know what I'm showing you. These are in no particular order, most are from most recent to oldest.

APRIL

Everyone was sick Easter Sunday. We stayed home from church. The next weekend I got the kids dressed up in there Easter gear and attempted some photos. We didn't have much time before church started and I wasn't feeling particularly artistic with the camera.


This is the best I could get with them both standing in the same picture. No cooperation.

What a handsome boy. This kid kills me with how stinking cute he is. He's such a little devil too. He'll run up to you all lovey and just when you think he'll throw his arms around your neck and give you a hug, he whacks you on the head instead.

Leah in her beautiful princess dress. She picked it out with a little nudging from me.

Leah all ready for her first day of Pre-school. I was actually thinking and snapped some quick photos. You have to have pictures of the first day!

We went to the Easter Egg Hunt on Post. It was a beautiful day and the kids had fun running around and grabbing eggs. There were tons of people there and I don't know if I'll do this hunt again next year. What a mad house. All the kids and their parents lined up along the field, they yells go and you had to run for the eggs thrown onto the grass, not hidden. I almost lost Leah a couple of times chasing after the run away that is Charlie. We didn't get many eggs, but they had fun.

Charlie with his (empty) eggs. You had to line up after the hunt, turn in your empty eggs to get prizes. I'm not sure if this was lame or smart...no eggs to stuff, but waiting in line for candy sucked.
They look like such angels, those little devils in disguise.

Leah and her egg stash.

Running wild on the field. He was more interested in sprinting away than picking up eggs.


FEBRUARY

Daddy came home for R&R in February. I got a few pictures, not many, he's camera shy. The kids loved having daddy home. I was a little nervous how Charlie would react to him. I needn't have worried. Charlie ran right to him at the airport and let Derek pick him up. He wanted nothing to do with me the 2 weeks daddy was home. It was wonderful to see. Leah was all about him too. She took a slightly different approach. She discovered that she could play off her parents to get what she wants. If one is busy, go ask the other one. Someone is bound to give her what she wants.

Not quite sure what everyone is looking at.
MARCH
My Dad came out again in March to spend a couple weeks with us. We were able to go back to the beach for 4 wonderful days and we went up to Seattle again. This is a picture of Leah on the Ferry. We had to makeshift a coat for her. Somewhere in the shuffle hers was left at home. Poor frozen kid. It was so cold on the ferry that day.

My sister flew out to spend the weekend with us while Dad was here. My sister is in the grey sweatshirt and my cousin Lark is next to her in the white jacket. Lark moved north of Seattle a week before my family came to visit. We all got together a couple of times while everyone was here. It was fun.

I don't know where they got this idea, but it was so funny to watch them. They did this all on their own, with absolutely NO help from me. It was their campfire. I guess they are practicing for the future. I remember talking to Derek about taking them camping when he comes back home. There are wood chips in the rock circle that you can't see. Leah was so proud of her campfire. I was proud of them for making it and glad they don't know where I keep the matches.

Out at the beach. Cold again, it will be fun to go when you don't have to bundle up in thermals and winter jackets. Leah is feeding the birds some old crackers. They went nuts flocking around us. I thought they were going to attack a few times.


Building sand castles
Well that's the end of the show. I have more pictures, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to extract them from the word document they are in and put them here. When I figure it out, stay tuned for pictures from Twilight release day craziness! (I'm so behind....)

3 comments:

  1. yay! so fun to see!

    you always have leah dressed so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally some pictures...This is the happiest day of my life...I want to jump on a plane right now and give those kids a squeeze! Thank

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the pics were so cute! i'm glad they all had fun with daddy while he was here! that's so great! the easter pics are adorable too! i miss you tons and tons!

    ReplyDelete