We are home, I survived driving over 2000 miles with a 6 month old and a 2 year old. Really, I think I'm crazy. I wouldn't have survived the return trip if it hadn't been for that little wonder, the portable DVD player. I was hesitant using it, I know my daughter she would ask to watch her bebbies (veggie tales) every time we got in the car. I broke down and turned it on. Wow, what a difference. She was no longer whining or crying or throwing a fit over something. She watched happily for hours on end, giving my poor nerves a little peace.
We had quite the adventure. It was great seeing friends and family. There are so many we didn't get to see. Poor Leah got the stomach flu shortly after we arrived in Utah. She spent a day throwing up, a night in the emergency room hooked to an IV and the rest of the trip with diarrhea. No fun for Leah and no sleep for me. Charlie is a trooper. He was so good to sit there while I held Leah on my lap with a popcorn bucket in hand to catch the puke.
Fun stuff that happened.
1. Leah learned the joys of bouncing on a trampoline. I learned all about the fears of her jumping right off and breaking every bone in her body.
2. Leah learned how to do the chicken dance. Thank you Mitchel, really, it's hilarious. She spontaneously came up to me at my friend Michelle's house and said "chicken, bock, bock while flapping those little arms of hers. I nearly died laughing.
3. I was able to spend 2 weeks without the rain. I could walk on the grass in my socks, sit on the grass, lay on the grass with Charlie. Seriously, I never realized how much I missed the dryness of the high desert. I'll take it any day over Washington wet.
4. Charlie has learned how to pull himself around the room to objects he desires.
5. I was able to see the magic of the Cricut in action. I really need to get me one of these someday.
6. Leah was able to play in a huge yard with chickens, a sand box and swing set. She loved it.
7. Leah and Charlie got to meet their Grandpa, my dad, for the first time. They both adored him.
The pictures of all this fun are still on my camera. One of these days I'll get them online.
Other news. Charlie cut his first tooth on Sunday, finally. I think his second is soon to come. He's been grumpy today.
Sounds like quite an adventure, glad to hear you are back safe and sound. Can't wait to see the pics!
ReplyDeleteso fun! and yes, we're totally in-love with the portable DVD player too!
ReplyDeleteso glad the trip went well!
Okay, I've tried to be patient. But you've been home long enough. It's time for some pictures!! And I will call back one of these days :P
ReplyDelete