Yesterday we did something different, we left the house. Derek was in the mood to go hiking and get outside. Thankfully the weather cooperated with us. Since sadly we will be loosing our family, Cadence and Jonathan, that live so close to us. They are moving to Arizona in a week. We decided we better get together and go do something fun. We headed out towards Mount Rainer to Northwest Trek. It's a large wildlife sanctuary. I had heard about it but never been before. They have a large area that is open roaming for the non-meat eating animals. We were able to take a tram ride around the park and see all the different animals they have. The only ones that remained ellusive were the moose. I was sad, I really wanted to see a moose again. After the tram ride we wandered around the rest of the park. They have trails that wind through the fenced habitats (these are for the meat eaters). The kids had a blast and we had a pretty good time too. I'd definately go back again.

Leah and Iain walking around the park. Iain was a little helper, making sure Leah was alright. She had falled down just before.
This goat was right up next to the road. I could have touched it if I reached out the window.
Leah and Derek on the tram.
The geese with a great view of the wildlife park.
nice jacket DEREK! smile next time! :)
ReplyDelete