Tomorrow is the big day. Leah starts Kindergarten. She is so excited she can hardly stand it. Every morning since this last Thursday she's been asking me if it was Monday yet so she could go to school. This morning she was so excited because she knew tomorrow was Monday.
This last Thursday we had the open houses at her school and Charlie's school. I was a little worried because they were in the evening and if you have been keeping track of me at all, you know my morning sickness increases exponentially after 4pm. I managed to make it through both open houses without too much trouble.
Leah's school was first on the stop. We found her classroom without any problems and got to meet her teacher. She had a little treasure hunt set up to help the kids navigate their way around the classroom and get familiar with it. She was endeared to Leah because of the chocolate chip cookie treat waiting for her at the end of the hunt. Her teacher seemed like a sweet lady. We didn't get to talk much with her, there were too many of her classmates coming in and out. Leah is dying to ride the school bus so our next stop was to get the info on bus pick up and drop off. We also had to sit through a briefing on dropping our kids off and picking them up in a car. I had no idea the production that went into taking your child to school. There are special lanes, and 8 second limit for the child to extract themselves from the car with all their belongings. Pick up seems even crazier. The kids wait in a special area inside. I have a piece of paper with her name on it and grade that I hope up to the Car Monitor teacher and he calls in to send my kid out. I don't even leave the car. It's nice but a little crazy at the same time. Times have definitely changed from when I was a kid.
Charlie's preschool was really nice. I was impressed the the facility. I mean it wasn't Ft. Lewis preschool, but close. I loved that they had a big indoor gym for the kids to play if the weather was too hot or stormy for them to go outside. The classroom sizes are small and the teachers were really nice. He is so excited to go to school too. He doesn't quite understand that he has to wait until Tuesday to start. He wants to start tomorrow too.
And what am I going to do with my first kid free day? I'm going shopping for maternity clothes. I went through all my old close and I had very little I could reuse. This pregnancy is starting in a different season and definitely a different climate. So off I am going to the mall all by myself. I can't wait. I don't even remember the last time I got to do that without at least one kid following me around. Well I guess technically I will have one kid with me, but I don't think that really counts. He/She won't make me crazy trying to keep them out of the clothes racks, touching everything in site or just plain not listen to me.
I will be taking pictures tomorrow of the big day and of course Charlie's big day Tuesday. I will do my best to download them and get them up here for all to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment