A few years ago I designed and created a cook book for a Super Saturday project, of course beginning with someone else's idea. As a Super Saturday project, I wouldn't recommend doing it again. I didn't simplify it enough for the average crafter. I had too many options and left it up to individuals to decide what they wanted to do. It was my first Super Saturday... I didn't realize some people need to be guided and told exactly what to do or they become lost in a sea of craft paper and glue. I am not one of those people.
Instead I used this unorganized, chaotic mess, which consisted of scratch pieces of paper with recipes written on them, 3x5 recipe cards and full sized sheets of paper with recipes tucked between the sleeves of other recipes.
Why do you ask, when I had such a fabulous new book to house all those recipes? Oh, for the simple reason that I didn't want to tackle the task of transferring all my recipes from one book to the other. Sometimes I'm just plan lazy. I walk by countless unfinished projects daily and say to myself "I should really sit down and finish ______." I then proceed to walk away thinking "maybe tomorrow" and I sit on the couch and read a book.
I can't believe you haven't used yours until now! LOL I started using mine immediately since I was so excited to have a place to put them instead of having them all in a mess ( I didn't have mine in a binder to start with).
ReplyDelete