I did not come up with this idea. I'm really not creative enough for that. I love to take other people's ideas and tweek them more to my liking.
I'm loving that my cricut can cut out vinyl. It's going to make finishing some of my projects so much more fun. To think I've had it for 3 years now and am just figuring this out. One of the other sisters at Super Saturday told me the Cricut can cut fabric too. I may have to look into that...in the future...when I finish all these outstanding projects.
I'm not so good with tutorials. That would require me to take multiple pictures at different stages of the project. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not so good at taking pictures and I hate to stop working once I get a good flow going. Maybe someday, but for now, you'll have to deal with before shots, if I remember and after shots.
I got an unfinished piece of wood measuring 6 feet by 6 inches by 1 inch. I painted Leah's white with a bright pink trim that she picked out.
I spent a little time coming up with the perfect size of letters playing around on my new fabulous program Sure Cuts Alot, awesome. The letters and numbers are all vinyl and the hatch marks are done with a sharpie. I'm crazy most of the time, but there was no way I was applying skinny lines of vinyl to my painted board. I kept them straight using my trusty old T-Square from my days in design school.
The board is intended to hang 6" off the floor. Obviously from the picture I haven't done that hanging part yet. With my impending move, I may wait to hang them until we get to our new location. Who knows, if I get board, I may hang them tomorrow...after I finish putting the vinyl on Charlie's board. His has a nice blue trim. He picked it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment