So this is one of the embarrassing projects that's been collecting dust...about 2 years worth of dust.
Here's the story. A little over 2 years ago, a friend asked me if I could make a collapsible Easter basket for her daughter. She had purchased one on E-bay for her son, but couldn't find one she liked for her little girl. I was up for the challenge of figuring it out. It turned out so discus tingly cute I HAD to alter the idea and create trick or treat bags for my kids for Halloween that year. Mind you I said, that year. I had every intention of finishing the project by Halloween. Over the summer I found some fantastic Halloween fabric, then I was hit with my first problem. I wanted it embroidered. I refused to do it by hand on the grounds that it would take to long. Seriously, I could have finished it if I'd just done the embroidery by hand. It wouldn't have taken 2 years. So, because I didn't know where to find an embroidery machine, and I wouldn't compromise the integrity of my idea, and I was too lazy to do it myself, I folded up the fabric and set it aside.
It so happen while I was working on the Countdown blocks I found myself in the Art's and Crafts shop on Post (that's an Army installation for you non-military folks). Turns out they have an embroidery shop. I talked with the lady for a while, we picked out the font and I brought my fabric in a few days later. I'm patiently waiting for the embroidery to be completed. I'd love to be impatient, but really, after 2 years, I don't think I have the right to ask for a rushed job. I should have it in my hands the first week in October. So please wait on the edge of your seats (because I know you are) for the finished product. The kids will be sporting them THIS trick or treating season, no really, they will.
No comments:
Post a Comment