January 16, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone! Yes I know January is half over, I've been busy.
Our holidays were wonderful and sad at the same time. Wonderful because we got to spend it with my Dad. I don't know if my Dad and I have ever spent a Christmas together. I loved that he wanted to come and spend his with me and the kids. We had a wonderful visit.

Here are the highlights.
Christmas Eve Jammies
This is a tradition I'm carrying over from my family. Every Christmas eve were were able to open one present and it was always a new pair of pajamas to wear. I wasn't able to find any cute Christmas jammies for charlie so he's wearing spaceships.
Opening Presents.
Charlie didn't quite get it, but Leah was more than happy to chip in and open everyone's.

Leah has great bed head lately. Love this picture with her Cinderella princess slippers. A must have after our visit to San Fransisco. All I can say is thank you Brooklyn and your two daughters for further introducing Leah to the joys of dress up, princesses and ballerinas.

Charlie eating my favorite Christmas snack. Chocolate covered marshmallow Santa Claus. Yummy!

Leah is wearing her present from Mom and Daddy. She got a pink chest full of dress-up clothes.
Charlie Charlie... too cute for his own good.

The sad part of our Christmas was not having Daddy around to celebrate with us. At least he'll be home soon. We were able to talk to him on Christmas Eve, but Christmas day there was too much phone traffic to get through. My dad and I gorged ourselves on my very non-traditional and much coveted Christmas dinner (by my family only, I'm sure). We had a huge seafood spread, Alaskan King Crab Legs, stuffed salmon, scallops, shrimp. There was other side food, but nothing worth mentioning really. This is something we could not have gotten away with if Derek had been home for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha! welcome to princess land!

    your world is about to start spinning in an inescapable lacey, sparkly, poofy, glittery universe for the next few years!

    ReplyDelete