January 16, 2009

Beach Photography

The wintry scenes at the ocean totally inspired my artistic side and I got some good pictures with my little camera. This place was so beautiful. The pictures don't really do it justice.

The mists coming off the ocean. That is a cliff in the background, our cottage was up there.


This is a picture of the residential houses across a small river that runs into the ocean. It creates a nice quiet private beach for the. There is no way to cross the river and walk over by those houses.

At the rivers edge
I got an extreme close up, one of my favorite ways to take pictures of the water running into the river and eroding the sand.

Lone drift wood
This was a beautiful piece of driftwood at the mouth of the river. I almost got drenched by waves taking pictures of it. I forgot to watch and the tide was coming in. I got out of the way just in time.
Reflections
I love the way the sky is reflecting into the wet sand. I wish I knew what the pillars of wood were for sticking up in the sand. It sort of marks the edge of the river, depending on what time of day it is. When the tide is in, those pillars are way out in the ocean.


This is my favorite scenic picture from our trip. My breath was taken away by how beautiful the sun's rays mixed with the clouds and mists in the trees, breaking into streaks of light. I am proud of my little camera.

5 comments:

  1. wow, i love the ones with the reflections! nice job! miss ya! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pacific Beach. IT is truly a most wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures! i loved the ones you took of your decorated tree outside, too.

    you make me want to be someplace more remote and less populated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Sounds like you had a great Christmas. I'm so glad you've been able to spend so much time with your Dad. And be sure to invite me the next time you put together a spread like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pitures. The kids are getting so big! I can't believe it. That is so nice you guys got to spend some time with your dad.

    ReplyDelete