My Dad really wanted to come and stay at the beach again while he was here over Christmas. I got lucky and was able to make a reservation for 4 days, 3 nights at
Pacific Beach. There just happened to be a cancellation for one of the ocean side cottages. We got all packed up and headed out just after Christmas for our vacation. I must say, I would
recommend staying here to anybody in the military. It's amazing! We ended up with a 4 bedroom cottage right on the ocean. The views were spectacular. We would walk to the water in less than 5 minutes. The whole time we were there it was very cold, but what do you expect from a North Pacific beach in the middle of the winter? We bundled up and made a break for the sand when it wasn't pouring rain. We got lucky there too, it would rain all night and was relatively beautiful during the day. As beautiful as Washington can get in the winter anyway.

I was really glad we managed to fit my double stroller in with all our luggage. It made beach life so much more fun. I could bundle one or both kids and walk along the hard sand. It kept them warmer and make it possible to stay our longer. Leah was having fun digging in the sand and building sand castles. That was soon forgotten once she discovered...
SEA SHELLS!The kid wouldn't stop searching for sea holes as she calls them. She had her bucket filled many times over with all kinds of shells. They were ever present on the beach. My Dad is the best shell finder by far. I don't know how he does it. He found dozens of whole, beautiful sand dollars. Usually they are all broken by the birds getting at them.

Charlie loved staring at the ocean, but don't get him too close to the water. He'd freak out! I think he remembers getting soaking wet and freezing at our last ocean trek. At least this time he was walking. He didn't get nearly as dirty and wet exploring the sand.


How can you not love this face? Sand and all.

Charlie our for a stroll among the beach rubble.

Charlie and Grandpa
Too Cute! i love the pics of the kids by themselves! charlie is too cute! can we arrange the marriage of raegan and charlie??? how does that sound?
ReplyDeletethey are ADORABLE!!!
ReplyDelete