Derek called me this morning to tell me a little about the trip he was able to go on this last week. He emailed over pictures as he was talking to illustrate his story. Here are the pictures.


Typical Derek humor...

This is one of Sadam's thrones. It's in his hunting lodge in Baghdad. It was given to him by Yassir Arrifat (I'm too lazy to look up the proper spelling of his name) I personally love the enormous copper tea-pot in the background. Seriously...what is that thing?

This is Derek in the main palace hunting lodge. It is wall to wall, floor to ceiling marble. That is an enormous crystal chandelier in the background.

This is a picture of the grounds of the hunting lodge. A large man-made lake sits in teh middle surrounded by these "houses". Derek said this lake is probably 6 feet deep and miles around. So think of that when you think of all the people dying of thirst and the millions upon millions of gallons used to fill up this useless lake.

This is the main hunting lodge palace. I know I'm calling everything by the wrong name. It's a talent I have.
its good to see pics of your hubby! Jerry actually came over and looked! that's a good blog! he said that big tea pot is a hooka (sp?), he thinks, for smoking tobacco??? that's his guess! fun fun! Miss ya!
ReplyDelete