I still have pictures from July to share, but they are on
Merridy's computer in Reno. I'm working on that...

Derek at his Change of Command Ceremony in May

Happy Eight Year
Anniversary to me. My
surprise roses from Iraq.

Me and the kids at Pacific Beach for our June 'Moms Only' and you can bring your kids vacation.

The Dunes. The wind was so strong it made these huge sand dunes. The kids had a blast playing on them. Not so much fun to walk up and down, but then again, walking on sand isn't always fun.


This was actually our last day at the beach. It was super windy and about 60 degrees. We didn't bring the kids suits because we thought they'd never want to get in the freezing cold ocean. So Leah started the strip down and before we knew it, all the kids were in their undies playing in the water and having a blast.

Charlie was the only one with any sense.
He always kept his distance. The waves scared him a little.

We tried a mini photo shoot with Charlie on the hill by the cottages. He didn't like it much.

Last day at the beach, playing on the dunes.

Had I known the kids would love flying kites so much and it would be so
easy I would have forked out the money for the good nylon butterfly kite Leah wanted. Instead I bought the 3 dollar kite and got in about 30 minutes of kite flying before the wind tore it apart.

It was super cold this day, but there was a little pool of water left over from the tide that was really warm. The kids played in the puddle all morning and left the ocean alone.

"heavy"


Sand Castle Fun

People at been out
clamming earlier in the morning and there were holes all over the beach. I don't remember why Leah was so excited about the holes.

Ready for some beach fun!

A group picture of everyone who came to the beach. We had two beach houses between us. So much fun, we could have stayed a month. I only wish it had been warmer than 65 degrees while we were there. I guess that's Washington for you in early June.

Charlie was terrified of the waves. This picture cracks me up because he's holding on to me so tight. He cried if I walked with him into the water. I'm such a mean mom.

My favorite picture of the beach. I only wish I'd gotten a good one of me and Leah. She wouldn't sit still long enough to take one, way to many friends to play with and beaches and ocean to see.
The blog looks great! Love the white background ;) That 2nd to the last picture is hilarious! A mom after my own heart. Glad you guys are having a fun rest of the summer.
ReplyDeleteawesome pictures!!! it looks like you had a ton of fun! i'm so glad!
ReplyDelete