October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Charlie!

I'm a week late at posting this, but all the same, Charlie turned 1 on October 9th. We didn't really celebrate on his birthday. I had a small dinner party for him on Saturday evening. I don't get to cook for adults anymore so I went all out. We had a nice dinner and a nice little party for Charlie. I wish Derek had been here to celebrate with us. I took a bunch of pictures and a lot of video's to send to him.

On a slightly different subject, Charlie has officially taken his first steps. He did it two days before his birthday. He isn't all out walking yet. He crawls too fast and doesn't seem too interested in slowing down and learning to walk. I have no pictures of this feet yet. He does it at such random times and only once, I haven't been able to capture it.

He was talking to daddy on the phone the other day and you could have sworn he said "hi da", so cute.

I just looked at the photo's for the first time and I'm totally disappointed! Most of them turned out blurry. I don't know what happened. My flash must have been off or something. So I'm uploading the ones that looked decent. Sorry Charlie, I didn't mean to screw up your first birthday pictures! Leah only has nice one's because Cadence was here to take them.
The Dinner

The Cake

The eating of the cake. So prim and proper, he didn't even need a bath afterwards.

The Present, at least one of them.

Like I said, pictures are all blurry.

6 comments:

  1. cute cake! Happy Birthday Charlie. I got the list of birthday's from sandra so now I can remember all the kids birthday's and send him something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, little happy Charlie. Those pictures are great and love the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday little man! i can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to charlie!!! i'm so excited to meet him and leah! they're both so adorable!

    that cake is OVER THE TOP! holy cow, you are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Miss San Francisco, it's time for an update!

    ReplyDelete