I was messing around on the computer, really a luxury, and decided to check out the Matilda Jane clothing line. My friend Amanda introduced me to her stuff. I love the clothes. I think they are amazing. The night before I had been watching a small marathon of the new Project Runway. I am in awe of the sewing and design talent on that show. I wish I could be more like that. I think that's what spawned the next few thoughts. "maybe I could...I have a ton of fabric remnants...what could I make?" So after feeling inspired by Project Runway and Matilda Jane, I got busy. I pulled out all my fabric scraps to see what I could pull together. I wanted a dress for Leah. She's been crazy about dresses lately. I blame watching Cinderella on the ride home from Reno. I couldn't listen to Monsters or Cars again. Now it's Princess this and Princess that and she has to wear a Princess dress everyday. She's my little tom boy and this princess phase is funny to me. She finally acting like a girl. So I set out to create a princess dress. I had fun and didn't want to stop till my creation was finished. I had no pattern, it was all out of my head and I designed it as I went along. I'm really happy with the finished product and Leah loves her princess dress. I feel like it's the most originally creative thing I've done in a very long time.


Ok, seriously, this dress made me tear up. I kid you not. It is so stinkin cute!. How much would you charge to make one for my Zoe? Keep on with your sewing with scraps, you are on to something with this dress. It looks like something you would find in an upscale boutique.
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing!!!!! I want one excatley like it...PLEASE!!!! I'm werious...serious!!!! not creative my butt!
ReplyDeleteShe is too cute! I love her! I can't believe i might get to meet her finally in November!! I like the no bangs! Don't hide her cute face anymore under those bangs! (Trust a hairstylist!)
ReplyDeleteThat dress is way darling!! I can't believe how much Leah has grown up since my visit! I agree with Shauna on the bangs, I couldn't believe how cute she looked. I wish Shauna could get ahold of my hair.
ReplyDeletei my goodness. ADORABLE!!! the dress and the model.
ReplyDeleteI KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!!!
ReplyDelete