I am sitting indoors, yet again, wondering if the sun will ever come out. It's June 3rd. My kids cute summer clothes hang in their closets untouched. We are still wearing our winter gear. Today we won't be venturing outside because it's raining and 50 degrees. I've never lived anywhere where I need to turn on the heat in June, I mean
really...I turned on the heat yesterday, we were freezing! As much as I love the people here and the constant green, I'm looking forward to leaving this horrid weather behind and experiencing actual seasons again.
I am glad that I am not the only one longing for warmer weather, shorts, farmers markets, icecream cones, and swamp coolers. It is very cold in Reno today and I had to bundle the girls up when we went to the Marina this morning. Plus the wind was blowing so it felt coolder than the actual temp of 48. I too look forward to dressing the kids in 1 layer instead of three. Give the kids big snuggles and hope to talk to you soon.
ReplyDeletetell me about it...where is summer...
ReplyDeleteTell Derek we went to point reyes this weekend and I thought about him and how wonderful he is and then give him a big kiss for me!!!!
hehehe
me
We're at the opposite end of the spectrum down here. It's too hot to go outside (I'm still in Washington wimp mode) so we'll go stir-crazy right along with you. I hear it starts cooling down next month, but I'm already waiting for Fall.
ReplyDeleteOkay I'm having withdrawals....post some pictures soon!!!
ReplyDeleteThat means I have to download them from my camera, who has time?
ReplyDeleteI told that the weather was cold and rainy even in the summer. You said you would rather have that. Well I am sure it is better there. I am not sure if you heard but we had tornados last week. People's home and live where destoryed. Even deaths. It was bad from Chapman to Manhattan. Look online to get pictures. The force was E3 and E4 so very powerful stuff. At 1030 at night no less. I had to wake Ava and take her down to the basement. The sirens were going off for an hour. We have had the sirens go off during the day a few times in the past week. The week before we all got hail damage to our cars and homes. I am glad you all were not here for it. Because little Leah would have been devastated. Plus you'd been peeing your pants and Charlie would have probably slept though the while thing. Don't worry you'll get your two months of warm weather soon.
ReplyDeleteHope all continues to go well.
Leslie
Leslie,
ReplyDeleteOh, I miss you! I can't believe you had a tornado there! Wow. I am glad I missed that. I thought I'd be fine with the rain, didn't realize what it was really like. I don't think any amount of telling would have prepared me for this. I'm glad you and Ava are alright! I didn't hear anything about the tornado there, I've been apying attention, must have missed that day.