May 17, 2008

A little bit Crazy?

You know, someone really needs to sit me down and tell me I'm crazy, commit me to a metal institution and leave me to sit with my imagination. I did recently discover my craziness is hereditary. I get it from my dad's side of the family. I have always known I've had this affliction, I didn't realize where it came from until recently. My Dad observed when we were recently together, that I had it too.
Derek calls it stress, I have always thought it was hustle. When something needs to get done, I can really light a fire under me and ZOOM, away I go. There is stress associated with it and there isn't always a clear straight path for my zoom. Most of the time it looks like frantic running around, back and forth on my tenth trip up the stairs as I race to gather something else I've forgotten.
Lately this craziness has been manifesting in my need to create. I was trying to simplify my life and hobbies, as many of you know, I seem to collect like most people collect spoons or coffee mugs. Then all of a sudden BAM! I'm adding new things into my life that I don't have time for but HAVE to have. Just more craziness I can't seem to fit in a 24hour day. Do people really need sleep? Unfortunately I do, my Dad on the other hand has found a way to survive on 2-4 hours a night. Maybe there is hope for me yet...
All I know, until I figure out how to live on 2 hours of sleep, I need to try to turn off the crazy, slow down, let some, okay a lot things go, and find some serious balance in my life.
Do you think they have a pill for this?...ha, if only drugging yourself was the answer.

1 comment:

  1. I think as the kids get older the "CRAZY" slows down a little bit. Things are still busy, just a diffrent kind. It was good to talk to you the other day. Oh, by the way, I don't think there is such a thing as too many hobbies. The more creative process you have to pull from the better. Take care!

    ReplyDelete